Labour continues to ignore violence in our schools
Responding to the news that Members of Nasuwt Cymru are taking action at Pencoedtre High in Barry, Laura Anne Jones MS, Shadow Education Minister, said:
“I have previously raised concerns about violent behaviour within schools which have been dismissed time and time again by the Labour Government.
“As the education crisis in Wales worsens thanks to 25 years of Labour failures and cuts to education, with PISA results their worst on record and the attainment gap ever-growing, the last thing pupils need is further disruption due to strike action.
“The Welsh Conservatives presented a 5-point plan to the Minister, including establishing a national helpline for staff dealing with violence, and the necessary support to be put in place for pupils and staff alike, to help save Labour’s lost generation.”
Nasuwt Cymru said its members are taking action at Pencoedtre High in Barry on Thursday, January 10. A further five days of walk outs are planned for January 18, 24, 25, 31 and February 1 unless the dispute is resolved before that.