A465 Section 5 and 6 Construction Information
The work to upgrade the existing A465 to become a full dual carriageway between Hirwaun and Dowlais is on schedule for completion by mid-2025 as planned, and our team is determined to ensure your new road is delivered on time.
To help achieve this Future Valleys Construction is part of a group that includes FCC Construcción. This Spanish company is one of the largest construction companies in the world with over 120 years’ experience in a wide range of major civil engineering projects. They have built over 8,500 km of roads and 1,650 bridges.
This means we have all the technical expertise, financial backing, equipment and workforce needed to successfully build the road. To achieve this we have a lot of work to do, and we know that means residents living in the communities that rely on the current A465 are experiencing disruption to their daily lives as we undertake the construction.
We would like to take this opportunity firstly to thank you for your continued support and patience during the works. One of the significant challenges on our Project is the need to move utilities including gas, electricity, water and telecoms in locations along and adjacent to the route. Where more people live there tends to be more utilities to move which of course means work has to take place very close to people’s homes and businesses.
If we could make the work quicker and less disruptive we would. However, before we announce any road closures, temporary traffic management or diversions our team:
- checks that the work is absolutely necessary
- plans for the work to take as short a time as possible
- ensures we have the relevant permissions in place
- works with your local authorities to agree road closures and diversion routes
- provides you with definitive information as soon as all the details have been confirmed.
We appreciate that if you are currently experiencing disruption from the construction work this may be of little comfort. However, please be assured we do work to minimise the disruption, and it is this pace of construction work that will ensure road is completed by mid-2025.
Our team do listen and wherever practical respond to your concerns, this is why:
- You can always contact us by: email a465enquiries@
futurevalleysconstruction.com or call: 0776 245 1850
- You can sign up for email updates or follow us on Facebook or Twitter here: www.a465.org/connect
- You can come along to our:
- Cefn Coed visitor centre which is open from 1pm to 4.30pm every Thursday afternoon at: Bucklands, Vaynor Road, Cefn Coed, CF48 2PN
- Hirwaun drop-in centre at St Lleurwg’s Church Hall fortnightly on Tuesdays from 9am to 12.30pm. The next session is on Tuesday 9 August 2022.
We truly appreciate your goodwill and support. Thank you.