Limited Spaces For FREE Defibrillator and CPR Training
Would you know what to do in a First Aid emergency? Your swift actions could help save a life, as was highlighted at the Euro 2020 game played in June.
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council is offering FREE Defibrillator and CPR training courses at venues across the County Borough in July. All you need to do is register online and select the training session of your choice, but you’ll need to hurry as some sessions are already fully booked.
A cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, at any time, and when it does, every second counts. Defibrillators are proven to save lives and they are an invaluable addition to any first aid knowledge.
Defibrillators are simple to operate and can be used by anyone, providing that training is provided in advance.
“The response from residents for free defibrillator and CPR training has been overwhelming. It really could make the difference between a life or a death one day.
“Those trained in CPR and Defibrillator use are better prepared to react to a life-threatening situation, should one arise. They will be trained to act quickly and confidently, in a calm manner, when it really counts.
“Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far, and encourage others to book their spaces quick before all sessions are fully booked.”
The FREE Defibrillator and CPR training sessions take place at the following locations across Rhondda Cynon Taf:
- Abercynon Library, Monday, July 12 – 10:00am-11:30pm
- Tonypandy Library, Monday, July 12 (Fully booked)
- Pontyclun Library, Tuesday, July 13 (Fully booked)
- Treorchy Library, Tuesday, July 13 (Fully booked)
- Pontypridd Library, Wednesday, July 14 (Fully booked)
- Rhydyfelin Library, Friday, July 16 (Fully booked)
- Garth Olwg Lifelong Learning Centre, Monday, July 19 (Fully booked)
- Hirwaun Library, Tuesday, July 20 – 10:00am-11:30am
- Mountain Ash Library, Wednesday, July 21 – 10:00am-11:30am
- Ferndale Library, Thursday, July 22 (Fully booked)
- Llantrisant Leisure Centre, Thursday, July 22 (Fully booked)
- Porth Library, Friday, July 23 (Fully booked)
The course will include recognising the signs and managing an emergency situation, training in the use of the Defibrillator, resuscitation (CPR), the role of a first aider and the treatment of an unresponsive casualty.
All training sessions, provided by fully-trained staff, take place adhering to all the current Welsh Government COVID-19 restrictions in place. Book your place online for any of the above Defibrillator and CPR training courses
Defibrillator and CPR training is available in both English and Welsh.