Theatr Brycheiniog and Jermin Productions launch a call out for a charity partner for Christmas Golden Goose Appeal
Theatr Brycheiniog and Jermin Productions are launching a joint call out to find an inspirational local charity partner for the Golden Goose Appeal, to raise money for throughout the run of Jack and the Beanstalk, this year’s Christmas Panto at Theatr Brycheiniog.
The Golden Goose Appeal follows the success of Theatr Brycheiniog’s 2016 Christmas Cheer Campaign, which raised over £1000 in partnership with wonderful local charity, The Unicorn Campaign. As was the case last year, all proceeds raised as part of this year’s appeal will be shared equally between the two charities – Theatr Brycheiniog and the successful applicant.
Representatives of the selected charity must be able to be actively involved with Theatr Brycheiniog during the Pantomime run. They will be expected to provide information about their charity and assist with fundraising activities arranged by Theatr Brycheiniog. Funds will be predominantly raised through bucket collections by members of the cast and volunteers, which will take place at the end of each panto performance. In addition, a lucky number draw will take place at each performance.
The production of Jack and The Beanstalk will bring a fresh and vibrant professional cast to the stage in Brecon and will also include a talented chorus of children, drawn from Brecon and surrounding towns and villages. Following the overwhelming success of last year’s professional Christmas panto at Theatr Brycheiniog, this will be of huge interest to families in Brecon and the surrounding area.
Theatr Brycheiniog is a registered charity (Reg No. 1005327) and is keen to work with other local charities to help raise awareness and to promote the valuable work undertaken by so many voluntary sector organisations within Powys.
Guidance on applications:
To apply, please complete the application form, which can be downloaded from brycheiniog.co.uk
Charities wishing to be considered for the Golden Goose Appeal partnership should be able to demonstrate:
– Delivery of services or projects with a strong relevance to local communities
– A cause that resonates with people locally and across Powys
– The ability to provide proactive partnership support, including a dedicated point of contact
– A plan for how to work together with Theatr Brycheiniog to maximise the benefits and promotion of the campaign, including maximising press and media opportunities
– The difference that the money raised will make to the work of the charity
Charities will not be considered for the partnership if they:
– Are not a registered charity
– Do not deliver projects or services locally
– Are focussed on promoting a particular political party or religion
– Intend the money raised through the partnership to fund services or projects that have already taken place
The money raised should:
– Benefit people locally and in Wales
– Be used for a project or service rather than core costs
About Theatr Brycheiniog
Theatr Brycheiniog, Brecon’s Centre for the Arts, opened in April 1997 as the first wholly funded Lottery new build arts organisation in the UK. The Arts Centre is situated in one of the most picturesque locations of any venue in the UK. Built alongside the canal basin in the heart of Brecon, serving the town and surrounding areas of Powys, Monmouthshire and beyond, it is rooted firmly in the community it serves. The venue currently provides a varied programme of theatre, dance, music and entertainment in its purpose built 477 seat auditorium and 120 seat studio / rehearsal space. It also hosts an exhibition programme in the Gallery.
Theatr Brycheiniog is funded by the Arts Council of Wales, Powys County Council and Brecon Town Council.
If you have any questions before making an application please contact Martyn Green, Chief Executive at Theatr Brycheiniog on 01874 622838
Closing date for applicants: midnight on Thursday 27 July 2017.