More than just words..’ A plan to improve services in health, social services and social care for Welsh speakers
The Welsh Government wants to help children and young people who want to speak in Welsh when using health and social services. Staff who work in these oganisations will get help to understand why it so important for many young people to be able to speak in Welsh.
The Welsh Government will ask people in health and social services to:
- Recognise that you want to speak in Welsh when speaking about your health, wellbeing and care;
- Make sure that you feel you can speak Welsh, if you wish to do so;
- Respect your wish to speak Welsh.
This will be done by:
- Asking health and social services organisations to plan differently so there are more Welsh language services;
- Asking health and social services organisations to make sure that services in Welsh are easily available and that staff can speak with you in your own language;
- Asking health and social services organisations to make sure that the organisation makes it easy for you to speak in Welsh;
- Asking health and social service organisations to make sure that staff respect you.
It would be great if you could look at the document here and answer the following questions, so we can tell the Welsh Government what you think.
The closing date is 28 February.