Weapons were recovered and hundreds of children were educated on the NotTheOne campaign during National Op Sceptre week
Weapon sweeps, community engagement, amnesty bins, proactive warrants and stop searches.
Just some of the activities carried out by our teams during last week’s Op Sceptre Intensification Week to tackle knife crime.
While tackling knife crime and educating about its dangers is a daily priority for us, the national week of action aims to focus attention on an important issue affecting communities across the UK.
During the week we:
- Visited almost 100 schools, presenting to up to 200 children at a time
- Recovered more than 150 weapons
- Conducted more than 80 weapons sweeps
- Carried out more than 50 test purchase operations
- Conducted more than 50 search warrants and stop searches.
- Conducted multiple partner operations and patrols, including at key areas such as train stations and town centres.
Detective Chief Inspector Jason Herbert, violent crime lead, explains more:
More information about #NotTheOne