Gravity Family Bike Park Opens at Dare Valley
Dare Valley Country Park is gearing up for an amazing summer, with the opening of the brand-new Gravity Family Bike Park on August 7.
The team at DVCP has partnered with industry experts and professional bikers who’ve been helping riders take on the world-famous Wye Valley and Forest of Dean attractions for over a decade – bringing their amazing experiences to this corner of South Wales.
Zoom down Penrhiwllech Mountain on the bespoke trails of Gravity Bike Park– stopping at a range of pump tracks along the way.
Use the uplift transport service to get you and your bike to the top of the mountain, saving your energy for the adventure and thrills on the way down!
Don’t have a bike? Hire one of ours?
Need to develop/refresh your skills? Join the intensive five-week sessions being delivered.
The opening of Gravity Family Bike Park is the latest in a series of exciting developments at Dare Valley Country Park, which was recently named a Valleys Regional Park Discovery Gateway, meaning it is considered an important stepping-stone to the wider adventures offered in the stunning South Wales Valleys.
Visitors can also enjoy:
- Recently refurbished adventure playground, which is great for kids of all ages and has a huge range of swings, slides and more. There is also a second, smaller, toddler playground near the café (perfect for grabbing a coffee to sip as you watch them play!)
- Stunning Black Rock Café, offering hot and cold food and drink throughout the day, plus delicious meals made from local produce that you can enjoy in a more formal setting.
- Modernised on-site accommodation, including family rooms, wheelchair-accessible rooms and dog friendly rooms. Each room has an en-suite bathroom.
- Improved caravan park for caravans, campervans, motorhomes and trailer tents (no tents sorry). Each pitch has an electric hook up and access to the refurbished shower blocks, toilets and washing up area.
- Dare Valley Country Park is a Dark Sky Wales accredited site, meaning it offers perfect night-time conditions for star-gazing – perfect with a campfire and marshmallows.
- Free sessions from the Sport RCT team, supporting residents to get involved in cycling, including groups for over-50s, women-only and balance bike babes aged two to five.
- Beautiful walks throughout the park and up on to the dramatic glacial mountains that surround it. Grab a free guide from reception.
- Some of the best natural habitat around – a haven for nature-lovers and birdwatchers.
- Neighbouring Green Meadow Farm horse riding stables, so you can explore on horse-back.
Gravity Family Bike Park, including bike hire and the uplift service, will be operated by WyeMTB and Pedal A Bike Away, both of which are run by former professional mountain bikers with over a decade’s experience of coaching, hire and development of cycling.
- The Slow Roll runs from 10.30am-12.30pm every Tuesday (from August 3) and is for over-50s, offering a friendly, social rides for those who want to get involved in cycling. Bring your own bike and helmet. (Or hire as above).
- The Skinny Lattes starts on August 5 and offers women’s only rides from 6pm to 8pm every Thursday, offering a gentle introduction to the cycling trails with coffee and a chat after. Age 16 and over. Bring your own bike and helmet (or hire as above). Book online via:
- Mini Rippers for those aged two to four. Takes place every Saturday from August 7 from 9.30am-11.30am. This session allows those proficient on balance bikes to have their own dedicated session on the pump track. This is not coaching. Parents/carers must remain with child for session and helmets and pads must be worn. Bring your own bike and equipment.