Looking up Ynysmeurig Road we can see the hill. This is known locally as Doctor's Hill. It received this name when the local doctor Alexander Griffiths, at the beginning of the 1900s, moved his practice into the big house that stood at the junction of the hill and Edward Street. This road in 1845 led to Ynys Meurig Farm. It ended at the bottom of the steepest part of the hill.