St. Donat's Church, Abercynon
The Church was completed in 1898. It takes its name from St. Donat's Castle on the south Wales coast. His was the home of the Stradling family who were the former owners of the Carne Park estate.
The church is unusual because it is aligned North to South instead of West to East. This is because of the slope of the ground. It would have been too expensive to build over. It has a main nave with a side aisle on the right. The south end has the altar and choir. At the north end is the font and there is a balcony. There is a tower with one bell on the north-west end of the church. Abercynon became a parish in 1908.