This was the main way through the valley at the time of the 1846 tithe map. The road ran along the north west side of the valley from the direction of Mountain Ash, down past Grovers' Field and on towards Pontypridd. The line of the road today follows Mountain Ash Rd., Aberdare Rd. and Park Street.
Cross over and walk to St. Donat's Church.